The JT&PP Helpdesk can arrange the Unified Supplier Qualification for supplying goods and services to national and regional procuring entities for you. In this case, JTPP Helpdesk will act as your representative during the application process. Your advantage will be that you will not need to hire Japanese translation services for this procedure. 
 Please note here that the Helpdesk has limited capabilities to translate from all EU-languages. In principle we expect you to supply your documents in English and/or with English translations.
To ensure a smooth application process and have all information necessary to complete the application documents, SMEs must prepare at least the following documents/information (for details see the Practical Guide) (PDF/Word).
- Contact details of the company and the name and position of the legal company representative;
- If applicable, the details of the government institution where you are planning to place bids;
- Documents showing company registration issued by appropriate legal authority in the country of residence;
- Documents pertaining payment of taxes in the country of residence, issued by legally capable office or competent authority.
- Financial statement of the most recently settled business year such as
- Balance sheet
- Profit and loss statement
- Statement of shareholders equity;
- Statement of net assets changes,
- Operating statement and
- breakdown of assets and liabilities
- Business record/history
- To see what kind of information is requested, check the sample.
- The JT&PP Helpdesk will prepare the application documents and add Japanese translations of the attached documents requested by the Japanese government entity;
- The Helpdesk will request the European SME to provide signatures where necessary, including a Letter of Attorney, which needs to be sent back by post to the Helpdesk;
- Once all the documentation has been gathered, the JT&PP Helpdesk will submit the application to the appropriate office;
- If during the application process questions arise, the JT&PP Helpdesk will manage these questions and act as your representative;
- The Notification of Supplier Qualification is sent to the JT&PP Helpdesk office, which will forward the Notification to the European SME;
To apply for the Supplier Qualification Service, please use the "Ask-the-Expert" form and tick "Supplier Qualification Service" when you fill in your data.
Other Supplier Qualifications and Business Evaluation for Public Works
The Helpdesk can assist with obtaining Supplier Qualification for supplying goods and services to certain local entities for the first time and provide support with procedures for business evaluation (keishin). Due to the variety and complexity of procedures, JTPP Helpdesk in principle will not cover expenses such as document translations, travel to local offices for consultations or the costs necessary to obtain qualifications. Please contact us for an cost-estimate for these.